Who we are
We are real.digital: Several thousand dealers and millions of products make our multi-channel portal one of the largest marketplaces in Germany. Our work is characterised by a dynamic corporate culture, with a start-up mentality and the opportunities offered by a large corporation in the background. We combine knowledge and many years of experience in e-commerce with flat hierarchies and a highly motivated team. Whether as an intern or an executive: We take every idea seriously, because we want to work together in shaping the future of e-commerce!
Day-by-day, our development team of about 100 experts pursues the goal of developing the best products and optimising the shopping experience. Our domains operate along the customer journey to ensure that we always keep an eye on the customers’ needs and can deal with new challenges promptly. Whether Marketech, After Sales, Checkout & Accounting, or Logistics, we drive developments forward and have great freedom regarding technical aspects. Details regarding the challenges of the respective domains can be found here https://www.real-digital.de/team/tech/.
Do you want to influence product development with user-centric methods and sustainably improve the product experience for our customers with your strategic recommendations? Then you've come to the right place!
Your tasks – this is what awaits you in detail
- As a UX researcher you will work hand in hand with our data analysis team and have the ability to interpret results and communicate them to the UX designers
- You collect data using qualitative and quantitative methods (including interviews, observation, user surveys, concept evaluation, expert reviews, A/B tests, usability tests) or in our in-house UX lab
- You develop methods based on design thinking and Lean UX
- You are responsible for advising stakeholders on identifying relevant issues and applying appropriate methods
- You translate user insights into strategic recommendations for action and communicate them in a target-group focused way
Your profile – this is what we expect from you
- You have successfully completed a degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Media and Communication Sciences, Sociology, or a similar discipline
- Ideally, you have gained initial experience as a user researcher, for instance in an e-commerce company, or with an institute or a start-up
- You are proficient in the use of qualitative and quantitative user research methods
- You are interested in e-commerce and enthusiastic about the latest technologies in the digital environment
- You have a very good instinct for people and their needs
- You are enthusiastic about innovative methods and enjoy working in a team
- You are organised, have strong communication skills and can get things done
What we offer
A highly-motivated and qualified team from different fields and numerous nations
A sophisticated product with millions of users and a broadly-based technology stack
A dynamic environment with a start-up mentality, no superfluous red tape and hierarchy, as well as plenty of courage and trust to break new ground
A central, modern office in the heart of Cologne
Free choice of hardware – we provide you with the development environment of your choice
Always up-to-date – you receive four days of special leave and a budget of €1,300 per year to attend relevant fairs and conferences
Why are you the perfect fit for this position? Don't bother with cover letters - we're interested in facts and figures!
Your contact person: Marco Spolders
real,- Digital Payment & Technology Services GmbH